The Seattle Department of Transportation will be hosting an open house this Thursday, September 19th from 4:00 to 7:00 to review and discuss the proposed design elements for the Belltown Protected Bike Lane. So stop by at any time and share your feedback with the project team.
The purpose of the two-way protected bike lane will connect bicyclists from Denny Way to the protected bike lane on 2nd Ave via Bell Street Park.
- The changes will be coming along Bell Street in Belltown.
- Two-way bike lane on the Northside of Bell Street between 5th Ave & Denny Way
- Vehicles will not be able to enter Bell St from 5th Avenue, except for emergency vehicles
- Bell St to re-channelize to one vehicular through the lane between Denny Way and 5th Ave, with right turn lanes at 7th and 6th Ave
- Concrete curb barriers with landscaping between the two-way bike lane and vehicle lane
- Parking removal on the Northside of Bell Street between Denny Way and 6th Avenue
They’re working on the final stages of the design and plan to start construction Summer 2020.